Saturday, February 5, 2011

Baby Shower Invites


My sister in law is due to have her first son in just a couple of weeks now. I truly enjoyed designing the invites to her shower with all my new Papertrey Ink supplies. Some things didn't turn out too well in the photos. Like the versamarked images in the background. After looking at these photos. Two things come to mind. I need a new camera, and I need to come up with a proper photo location. Sorry for the terrible photos, hopefully you will get the idea.
Steps:
  • designed the prototype
  • printed the inside information using my computer and printer on Kraft Cardstock
  • Cut 8.5 x 11 cardstock in 4.25 x 11
  • Scored cards and folded at 4.25 x 5.5
  • stamped blue berries, using Out on a Limb
  • stamped limb image and nest image with versamark and heat embossed using dark brown embossing powder
  • stamped eggs from Birds of a feather set using aqua ink pad
  • The tag in front is cut and stamped using Mat Stack 1 Collection
  • The bird images and the Versamarked tree image in the back ground (you can't see it, but it's there) is from Through the Trees set
  • the "New Beginnings" sentiments is from Birds of a feather set
  • finishing touchs on the frong label is the Aqua Mist button and bakers twine bow.
  • On the inside to add a little something, I stamped the branch image a couple times using Versa Mark





3 comments:

Pam W. said...

Oh my word. These are so adorable. I'm sure that they will be a hit.

Ann said...

A lovely design Mel - especially love that little nest perched precariously on its branch.

June K. said...

Oh so cut. Love the colors and the nest.