Monday, March 21, 2011

MIM #7: Adding Color to Non-Neutral Cardstock

Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday #7: Adding Color to Non- Neutral Cardstock
find out more and watch tutorial video Here

This is just the stamped image on Pure Poppy Cardstock. It was so beautiful just as it was, I almost left it as it was. 

I decided to grab the Pure Poppy Copic markers R24, R29, R59 and went for subtlety on card the card below. I loved how the accent parts that look lighter was actually just cardstock showing through with no marker on it.

Next I wanted to try being more bold and doing more shading like it is shown in the video I also added leaves.  I think this is a personal choice, but I think I like the more subtle one better. For me these are two completely different looks even though the same colors are used, just in different locations.

It was great playing with my Copic markers, they are very new to me so it's nice to get some different techniques under my belt.

PTI products used:
Year in Flowers Violets Stamps (flower, leafs, Thanks)
Signature Greetings Stamps (Fabulous)
Pure Poppy Cardstock
Copic Pure Poppy

Thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty! I like how they are different looks, but that they're all a single layer and simple! I'm pretty new to copics, too, but they just seem so theraputic at times!

Mad for Paper said...

Oh my gosh, your coloring is gorgeous. Changes the look completely.
TFS
Ang

Debra said...

Gorgeous Mel.I'm going to try this with the YOF stamps as well...

Jessie said...

Love it!! The color on color is spectacular!! I can not wait to try this!

Stephanie said...

Mel......This is just gorgeous!!! So, bold to use Pure Poppy for the flower and look how it turned out? GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to try this technique!

DF said...

I like all three versions, but the last one the best! It looks like vintagey fabric - just gorgeous. So much intrest in a one layer card!

Kay D said...

Wow- this turned out beautifully, the coloring really makes the images pop and in a really good way- I've got to get started on mine, this one is just too good to pass up!
GREAT card!

Margaret M said...

Great job on the MIM! I think I like the last card the best..but I'm partial to the vintage look!

sugacatz said...

Love this card Mel. I was not a fan of the year of flowers but I think I may just have to invest in some. This looks fab. Lesley

Unknown said...

lovely! a great way to make a single layer card pop! now - please post a tutorial about using the fillable frame die to make a little card!! please!!

Mel said...

Thank you so much ladies!

Linda, Nether was I, but this one really caught my eye. I had a lot of fun with it, I might just have to give the others another look.

Sarita,
LOL... and that would be my first request. So I best come through ;) I will do it sometime this week just for you. Mom arrives tomorrow for a visit over the weekend, so I'm not sure how much crafty time I'll have. But my first project will be the small card. I actually just used the same concept as an accent on a card, I'm super excited to show it off, but again, not sure when.

Thanks ladies for all your encouraging words.

beckynoelle said...

love them all but the middle one is definitely my favorite :)