Thursday, March 24, 2011

Papertrey March Blog Hop Challenge




My March Blog Hop creations
Peace, Love, Joy
It is hard to tell from this photo (sorry) but the flower is fabric and the center is sewn with embroidery floss. I love this card in person, there is a ton of PTI goodness used, 6 dies, 2 stamps, cardstock and felt.

In the spirit of the INKers March Challenge and the BlogHop I've made this Brighter days card. This one did not end up the way I had envisioned it and in fact had almost found it's way in the round file more than once.  My "trigger" to finding PTI were these fluffy clouds. My first direction on this card was to sew the clouds with the floss, but in the end it just didn't show up enough. So I played some more. Stamped the rays of the sun, and again, they didn't show up enough, so I used some yellow floss and loved the way it turned out.

After making the flower for my first card, I ran out and bought some more fabric to play with. I used the Smoky Shadow cardstock (looks black here) and oh wow do I need to get more of it, it is beautiful. I picked up some random items that I had cut out for "Peach Joy Love" card above and threw this together. It took a tenth of the time it took me to do the other cards and it just might be my favorite. But it's hard to say because they each of such a different feel to them.

Just for fun I messed around and made this:
I stamped on the clear sheet that we get with our stamps with Stazon. I attempted to do floss all over the balloon, but it didn't look good so in this case, less is more, I tied a bow on it and called it good. Here is a close up to show the plastic overlay.
Thanks for looking!

25 comments:

Jessie said...

Wow Mel! These are great! What great ideas and use of the floss!!

Margaret M said...

Mel you've been busy! My favorite card is the Peace, Love, Joy. I love your fabric flower!

Kristie H said...

Great job Mel....I was struggling with ideas for this hop and can't believe you came up with so many great cards. They are really pretty!

Marge said...

WOW -- you ROCKED this floss challenge! Each card is very creative and fabulous!!!

Rhonda said...

You were busy!!! Great job!!

SeattleStamper said...

Oooh...Those rays of sunhine are FAB!

farmhouse-story said...

love your ideas-great cards!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, that's a lot of cards, great use of several of the mat stacks.

Wendy ten Hove said...

These projects are amazing!!! The one with the sun is my fave, that looks awesome! Really nice with the stitched accents!

Mary Duffek said...

Gorgeous! Love all the cards and my favorite is the cloud and love the sun!

Kay D said...

I love all your cards, but I think the stitched sun and clouds is my absolute FAVORITE!

Renee said...

Great cards.
Love that sun and clouds!

Jen Carter said...

These are all great but I'm especially liking that sun!! That is so super creative!

beckynoelle said...

great batch of cards! i love the sunshine :)

Kelly S. said...

So sweet! I love your sky theme :) The sunshine looks great with the dp you chose, and love the braided floss along the balloon!

Unknown said...

Lovely collection of cards, I think the first one is my favorite!

Linda Suarez said...

Great cards Mel! You really went to town with the floss! You rock!

Itsy Bitsy Snippets said...

I love the flowers you put on the cards.

Rebecca said...

Love your brighter days card. The sun is awesome.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful cards! Really like the card with the sun on it.

Babies-Beth said...

They are all beautiful! I am jealous you cranked out 4 lol to my measley one, lol!!

Traci Nachtrab said...

Love love love all of these cards! The cloud one is my fav. I've been on the fence about getting that stamp set and die and you'll be happy to know you tipped me over it :)

Unknown said...

Great card.. THANK YOU for sharing.. Please come and visit my blog too!!

Jessica Lynn
http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/

nancy said...

Mel, I really love the challenge you issued at the INKers. I've enjoyed the ones I've read thus far. My favorite of your cards shared on Friday is the 'wishing you brighter days' card. The swirled pp, curved edge of the yellow c/s, and floss rays just make this card pop.

Taheerah said...

Such a beautiful array of cards Mel! Stunning!